Kids in Action
Complete health management programs for children and adolescents with: weight concerns, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, automonic dysfunction as well as sports-nutrition counseling for athletes.
OUR PROGRAM INCLUDES
- Initial Enrollment
- Instructional Phase: 5 one-on-one telephone/ Skype/ on-line sessions with a certified Nutrition Educator
- Maintenance Phase: Every-other month check-in
- Final Fitness Assessment upon reaching your fitness goal
INITIAL ENROLLMENT INCLUDES
A Physical Fitness Assessment
- Measurement of VO2-max, the gold standard of fitness measurement.
- Body morphology measurements including percent body fat.
A Health Assessment Survey to determine which system areas in health are lacking most; identify possible nutrient deficiencies; learn what type of fuel mixture works best for your personal metabolic profile.
A set of Blood Tests including body chemistry measures, vitamin and hormone levels, and an extended cholesterol panel.
Any costs may be off-set by health insurance if the goals include the concurrent management of any of the medical issues mentioned under “Our Services.” In this case, copayments and deductibles apply up to a maximum of $250/year.
If your individual insurance benefits will not cover nutrition services, the maximum charge for the program will be $250/year.
Patients wishing to enroll in nutrition counseling prior to taking their initial Fitness Assessment can speak to our staff about direct online enrollment and our fee reimbursement policy.
Meet Our Team
Get to know the professionals who run the Kids in Action program